Lettuce RP and Stuff

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a place for our friend group to rp because skype doesn't work for that.

2 posters

Fake Baby Class/ Stuck until Breakdown

tenzin
    tenzin
    Admin

Fake Baby Class/ Stuck until Breakdown Empty Fake Baby Class/ Stuck until Breakdown

Post by tenzin Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:44 pm

Wilbur sat in his desk aimlessly tapping his pencil on the table; seemingly oblivious to anyone the repetitive sound might have been annoying. There had been a point where he'd been enthusiastic about attending an actual school instead of being homeschooled by his mother, but that had finally worn off after he'd finished last semester. He was however, fairly thankful that his mother was not teaching him health. He didn't want to have the talk with her again. She'd already tried to once she'd found out he and Dee had started dating.

After a few more moments of aimless tapping, Wilbur snapped back to reality when he heard the teacher loudly command the class to 'partner up'. He wasn't even sure what he was partnering up for, but at least there was someone in the class he could partner up with. Wilbur glanced over hopefully at Dee.
    Eggy
    Eggy
    Admin

Fake Baby Class/ Stuck until Breakdown Empty Re: Fake Baby Class/ Stuck until Breakdown

Post by Eggy Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:23 pm

Dee didn't generally dislike school--while it was boring at times, she wasn't half-bad at it and the subjects weren't really that hard--but now she could wholeheartedly say that this class was making it pretty hard to keep that attitude. Normally, she wouldn't mind partner projects that much--but since she'd heard enough things about the dreaded 'baby project' around the school, it was pretty hard to stay optimistic.

Maybe I'm wrong about this--maybe it's something else. It better be something else, because I already have to deal with a lot babysitting my brother. I definitely don't need to add a stupid plastic doll to that.

Regardless, she did have to find a partner--even though it was a no-brainer. Her boyfriend was in the same class, after all, and it would've been stupid and kind of concerning if she went out of her way to partner up with someone else. That said, she made her way towards Wilbur with a small smile on her face.

"So, I'm assuming we're partners," and with an afterthought, jokingly added: "I mean, that's how it generally works... but if you were actually thinking of asking someone else, keep in mind that you're the only person I'm actually on good terms with in this class, so you're literally stuck with me."

Kara didn't really mind staying after school to help with various events--even if that meant going into the creepy, poorly lit and very slightly smelly basement of the building. It did give her something to do, and at this point, she'd go for just about anything to help keep her busy and with her mind off the fact that she might be well on her way to being kicked off the cheer squad due to a crappy hand and a honest misunderstanding. Her only lifeline was that Ramsay was pretty desperate and unwilling to lose any more members, really.

Holding a box under her left arm while careful not to put much pressure on her hand, she grabbed the doorknob and pulled.

It didn't budge.

She pulled a little harder--and harder--and nothing. She tried pushing the door, just in case she was having a push not pull moment, but as expected, nothing happened.

Turning towards the only other person in the room--Genevieve Occum, whose name she only recalled because of how many times Morales had made sure to slam her on her gossip blog--she cringed, pointing at the door with her thumb.

"Okay, don't freak out, but I think we have a bit of a situation. Door's jammed."

tenzin
    tenzin
    Admin

Fake Baby Class/ Stuck until Breakdown Empty Re: Fake Baby Class/ Stuck until Breakdown

Post by tenzin Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:10 pm

Wilbur smiled as Dee walked over and nodded "Well the only other people I know in this class call me ladybug guy- but even if they didn't, I'd still rather partner with you"

He glanced up at the front of the room and spotted the teacher pulling something out. Wilbur furrowed his brow. "Are those... Dolls?" clearly the boy hadn't been at the school long enough to know about the infamous baby project.
    ----
    It had been a long day and Genny was more than ready to head home. She did honestly enjoy working on this fundraiser, but she'd only recently come back to school and things had just gotten better with her cousin. There was still an air of awkwardness when they were around each other that made Genny thankful that her mother had found somewhere else for the two of them to live.

She looked over at Kara when she spoke, raising a brow. "What? Are you sure? Have you jiggled the doorknob?" This was an inconvenient development, but she doubted it could be that serious.
    Eggy
    Eggy
    Admin

Post by Eggy Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:29 pm

Dee groaned, following the teacher's movements with her eyes. It was the freaking baby project... Great.

"I knew it. We're getting the baby project," she complained, scowling in dissatisfaction. "I've heard about this from people who've had it before--apparently those dolls pretty much do nothing but cry and be unpleasant, and you have to pretend they're a real baby the entire time, which is stupid because real babies look way cuter than that."

To emphasise her point, she grimaced towards the hunks of plastic the teacher was pulling out. Sure, there was a time when Dee had liked those kind of dolls--but that was when she was six, not sixteen. Why couldn't they just get assigned essays instead?

Kara carefully put down the box she was holding in order to grab the doorknob with both hands and give it an extra jiggle. "Yep. Jiggled it, pulled and push it repeatedly--it's as stuck as it gets."

She stepped away from the door, gesturing towards it with her head.

"You can try, if you think I'm messing with you or that I'm not pulling hard enough, but I don't think it's going to budge."
    tenzin
    tenzin
    Admin

Post by tenzin Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:22 pm

Wilbur looked wearily back over at the dolls... They were just hunks of plastic, right? They really couldn't be that bad... "Maybe those people were exaggerating? Like... I've babysat a couple times and that wasn't that bad... Maybe we'll get lucky and our baby will be good?" his tone was entirely unconvincing despite his obvious attempts of remaining optimistic.
    -------------
    Genny shrugged "No I believe you... You actually do cheerleading and stuff, so I'm assuming you're stronger then I am." Despite her reassurance, she walked over to jiggle the doorknob for good measure. It obviously did not budge, just as Kara had suggested.

Genny wasn't panicking yet however, she'd just call someone to come open the door from the outside... Or maybe take the door off its hinges if they needed to. Hell, she'd even be okay with someone pulling a here's johnny! on the door if it meant they'd get out of the creepy school basement. So, she reached into her bag that was draped neatly over her shoulder. she unlocked it to find further disappointment.

"Great. No service."
    Eggy
    Eggy
    Admin

Post by Eggy Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:39 pm

Dee sighed, still eying the dolls with obvious contempt. "Babysitting isn't that bad because actual children can be reasonable--these ones are literally programmed to make our life hell."

As much as she wanted to share Wilbur's optimism, she had yet to meet anyone who actually said they had enjoyed the baby project--she'd actually overheard someone saying that at one point they were debating whose head to smash--the doll's, their partner's, or their own. That would be her in a couple days' time.

Trying to at least make an half-assed attempt at being optimistic, she added: "Maybe if we wish hard enough, we'll get one that has like, faulty sound system, so we can't hear all the wailing."

Kara checked her own phone, in spite of common sense telling her it was hopeless.

"Same here," something clicked inside her brain, making her groan, "And I'm pretty sure we're the only ones left around. Wow, it's like everything in the universe aligned to make this situation as bad as possible."

She wasn't really rushing anywhere and her family was used to her being out and about, as were her friends. That was usually an upside since it gave her free rein to do a lot of things without people constantly breathing down her neck, but now it was awfully inconvenient, since it meant it was very unlikely for someone to notice she was missing anytime soon.

Sighing in resignation, she leaned against the wall. "Well, since the school basement is kind of the last place I want to spend my afternoon in, do you have any other suggestions how to get out of here? Because I'm all out--all I have left is jokes about how this is starting to look like a horror movie plot, but I think those might not be a lot of help."
    tenzin
    tenzin
    Admin

Post by tenzin Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:08 pm

Wilbur shrugged and be all "Or maybe those people just really don't like each other and this will be easier because we do... You know, team work?" He kept his painfully unconvincing hopeful tone. He stood, stretching his arms "I don't want a faulty one what if it gives us a bad grade? If I fail this class my mom's going to think she could do a better job..."
    ----
    Genny groaned and leaned against the wall "I don't want to do anything horror movie related unless I'm being paid. They're always trashy and not really how I'd want to make a movie debut" She once again checked her phone and attempted to send a text for good measure. It of course; failed. "There's not really any windows in here, so unless we rip up the floor and try to dig, I don't see how we're getting out."
    Eggy
    Eggy
    Admin

Post by Eggy Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:24 pm

Dee shrugged, still looking rather unconvinced. "I guess the team work part might be right... maybe it really won't be that bad."

Yeah, lying to herself never worked. She just had to accept the fact that any minute now, they would have to take one of the stupid dolls and try not to mess up too much In the next few days.

At least she did get to pick her partner.

-------------

Kara laughed. "I don't know my exact stance on digging but it's probably not something I'm very good at. And since we're not doing horror movies I guess our alternative is to sit here and wait until someone notices we're missing?"

That wasn't much to her liking, considering that Kara was very much an outdoors person and hated sitting around doing nothing, but she doubted they had a better chance out of there.

She wished she was actually sitting though since her legs were starting to get tired, but every flat surface had at least three inches of dust on it, and she was wearing light coloured pants... Her legs can probably keep on going for a while, she decided.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 6:15 am